Licenses, Standards & Policies
An award winning multidisciplinary Architectural Design
& Engineering Consultancy firm.
AEC has an official ISO 9001:2015 accreditation. AEC aims to deliver a reliable, competent and professional service which is dedicated to fulfilling the objectives and expectations of its clients and end users. The qualities which characterize this service are also reflected in the day to day operations of all members of the working team. To strengthen our statements, we have had no claim on our PI insurance since our inception. Our service is supported by the following additional policy aims:
Management PolicyTo uphold the quality management principles and requirements outlined in ISO 9001:2015 as a cornerstone for refining performance and consistently achieving client satisfaction.
Employee PolicyTo strive for building and preserving a humane work environment where employees are encouraged and given opportunities to constantly improve their skills and diversify their knowledge.
Environmental PolicyTo embrace the principles of sustainability in our designs and operations.
Health & Safety PolicyTo offer a safe working environment and to integrate the best health and safety practices in all our projects.
Employment PolicyTo act upon the values of promoting equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their background.
Quality Assurance & Quality Control ProcessQuality control is central to all AEC activities. It is the essence of appreciating our designs and leaving both a satisfied client and an end-user. In order to achieve the high quality standards that we aim for, we have implemented an ISO 9001 compliant Quality Management System on all our tasks. All the processes implemented under that system have been extensively audited by independent certified organizations. Implementation of the QMS has led to many favorable outcomes and has contributed to an ongoing improvement in our services. AEC's quality assurance processes ensure that the needs of the client funders, stakeholders and end-users are established, documented and monitored. Formal project inspections are undertaken by management during crucial project phases to validate project requirements and to ensure that all technical submissions and designs are executed and signed off by the designated managers in accordance with the project and company guidelines. Our objective is to constantly refine to improve and update our already established standards to maintain our presence as leaders in our industry.
AEC considers health and safety in the working environment to be of crucial importance. We have always endeavored to build a humane working environment where the wellbeing of all individuals is sustained. This goes for our clients, employees, visitors on our premises, companies and individuals whom we work with and the users of the buildings we design and supervise. Owing it to our Health and Safety policy, throughout the years, we have not encountered any reportable incident.
Universal PolicyThis policy aims to:
- Issue Health and Safety Policy and Manuals to all new employees; issue supplementary or revised guidelines from time to time on safety related matters to old and new employees. Once joining AEC, employees are obligated to read the Policy and Manuals and sign the pertinent documentations confirming receipt, conformance and understanding of the policy.
- Check with employees on an ongoing basis regarding matters affecting their health and safety as well as providing them with the opportunity to raise their concerns in that regard.
- Accept suggestions from employees, jointly or individually, for refining the guidelines and policies relating to Health and Safety.
- Frequently observe and review this Policy and Health & Safety Manuals as required, particularly as the business changes in nature and size.
Policy Concerning Employees and Individuals Visiting AEC Site PremisesThis policy aims to:
- Foster healthy and safe working environments for employees, clients or other individuals visiting the premises.
- Provide sufficient information, instruction and training to our employees, as well as those we supervise, on all facets of their work such as the use and handling of equipment and hazardous substances…etc., to safeguard, as much as possible, their health and safety at work.
- Make sure that risk measures are taken into account for responsibilities that include new or unusual activities;.
- Ensure that all individuals are adequately briefed when visiting construction sites and obtaining a visitors card following their debriefing.
- Ascertain that all individuals entering the construction site are wearing the necessary protective clothing and equipment in accordance with the Construction Regulations.
- Record all incidents and report any major accident, injury or work related disease to the concerned department in accordance with current regulations.
Policy Concerning Professional Services:This policy aims to:
- Control the health and safety risks arising from work activities.
- Comply with the requirements of Construction Regulations during all project phases before and after completion.
- Encourage employees to report health and safety hazards to the concerned departments.
- Involve clients and contractors in discharging in full their duty of care and compliance to the Policies and Manuals.
AEC has been committed to an environmentally sustainable approach for many years as evident in its operations and projects. This commitment is enforced by explicitly endorsing and sponsoring the UN's Global Compact '10 Principles' initiative through providing eco-friendly designs, material specifications, environmentally friendly construction methods, energy saving tools and equipment and through methods of running the day-to-day operations such as promoting paperless communication by using software solutions (ex. Proliance Portfolio Management Solutions), electronic correspondences and e-signatures. Our employees are committed to:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate environmental management best practice into our operations.
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Measure, review and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our practice activities to meet our objectives and targets.
- Manage waste generated from our practice operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling.
- Manage our practice operations to prevent pollution.
- Give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the planning and design of buildings, urban design and landscape design.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Comply, as a minimum, with all relevant environmental legislation as well as other environmental requirements to which the practice subscribes.
To meet the environmental commitments, AEC’s management shall
- Provide management oversight and review environmental policies and performance, and allocate resources for effective direction and implementation.
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for managing our environmental performance at least annually.
- Communicate internally and externally our environmental policy on a regular basis, and encourage feedback.
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues to our staff.
- Work together with our staff, professional colleagues, and suppliers to promote improved environmental performance.
- Promote consideration of sustainability and environmental issues in the services we provide to our clients.
- Review our environmental policy regularly.
AEC Staffs Strive To:
- Attain better social and environmental designs that are eco friendly and coexist harmonically with the environment.
- Treat equally all individuals that work or deal with it.
- Eliminate the existence of hierarchies for an intellectual and creative atmosphere.
- Prevent prejudice from influencing the design process.
- Eradicate apartheid among professionals.
- Provide the highest standards in design and execution of its works.
Shared Ethical Views:
- Our attitude towards others and the society in which we live in directly exemplifies the way we work.
- Neither AEC nor its employees accept commissions or bribes in any form from any client, individual, organization or third party service provider.
- AEC does not deal with any entity that is involved in the violation of human rights or projects that adversely affects the environment or social lifestyle.
- Our ethical values cannot be compromised, explicitly or implicitly, for profit or any other form of benefit.
- All our employees are conscious that their contributions are essential for the success of the projects AEC undertakes, and that their actions should reflect the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- At AEC, all employees are strictly obliged to follow and enforce human rights policies as articulated in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. We consider this declaration as a common standard of achievement to all employees at AEC regardless of position.
- In addition to following the UN's declarations with regard to human rights, our own policies which deal with the elimination of any forms of discrimination when dealing with employees or hiring new ones shall be complied with as noted.
- All AEC staff shall completely adhere to the values and rights of equality and diversity and not indulge in any unlawful acts of discrimination against anyone on the basis of their race, sex, pregnancy and maternity, marriage or civil partnership status, disability, religion or belief, social status or age.
- All current and/or future employees should be welcomed and evaluated solely on their merit capability and potential.
- Effort shall be made by all employees in ensuring that all our business associates follow, respect and implement our human rights policies.
- AEC adopts a zero-tolerance policy for corruption. All AEC employees are advised to report any attempts of bribery, perjury or any form of corruption.
- Cases of corruption are taken very seriously, employees who are found involved are susceptible to serious actions that might reach to expulsion.
- This policy should be enforced on companies and organizations that AEC deals with.
Al Ajmi Engineering Consultants is committed towards the UN's Global Compact initiative and continuously intends to embrace and act upon the UN's Global Compact "10 Principles" in the areas of Human Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti-Corruption. During every annual Communication on Progress, AEC elaborates on the initiatives taken during the year to further integrate the Global Compact's principles into its policies, philosophy and daily operations. AEC binds itself to continually share this information with all its stakeholders through various means of communication.